In an unexpected turn of events, this post is about the pitfalls I’ve encountered whilst publishing ConTabs to NuGet. My decision to make ConTabs a .NET Standard library has meant this was more complicated than I had anticipated. In this post, I’ll start by explaining the old .NET Framework approach and go on to show the new .NET Standard / Core way of doing things. Finally, I’ll talk about some unexpected guests that turned up when I tried to consume my new NuGet package.
After hooking my ConTabs project up to AppVeyor for continuous integration, the next thing I want to explore is automating test coverage reporting. In this post, I’ll talk briefly about the importance of measuring code coverage. I’ll then introduce OpenCover and Coveralls. Finally, I’ll go through my experience of wiring it all together, using AppVeyor as the platform.
For this post, I’ve been exploring the use of AppVeyor to continuously integrate my ConTabs project. I’ll start by explaining what continuous integration (“CI”) means, continue by introducing AppVeyor, before finally getting stuck into the specifics of my experience (including the gory bits).
In my current role, I find myself working a lot with our sales handling pipeline. It takes an order through our API and starts a set of processing pipelines for things like fulfilment, accounting, and our CRM system. Because the main entry point of the pipeline is an API, I used to find myself using Fiddler to make fake calls to our API in the testing environment.