I’ve recently blogged about how excited I am by the promise of Blazor. Well, I’ve built my first Blazor app and, having tried it, I’m no less excited. There are still plenty of rough edges (which I talk about below), but it fundamentally works. In this post, I’ll try to outline the pitfalls as best as I can, in the hope that others find it useful. Please don’t construe anything I write as a criticism of the Blazor team – what they’ve done is already game-changing.
In an unexpected turn of events, this post is about the pitfalls I’ve encountered whilst publishing ConTabs to NuGet. My decision to make ConTabs a .NET Standard library has meant this was more complicated than I had anticipated. In this post, I’ll start by explaining the old .NET Framework approach and go on to show the new .NET Standard / Core way of doing things. Finally, I’ll talk about some unexpected guests that turned up when I tried to consume my new NuGet package.
Today I’d like to introduce a project I’m calling “ConTabs” – simple, but flexible table generation for console applications. As well as simply being an open-source project, I’m also planning to use ConTabs as an excuse to explore some of the interesting aspects of modern .NET development.